Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blackberry? But the leaves are weird

Posted by serendipidoo Louisiana (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 23:10

I live in the New Orleans area. I thought it was a blackberry, but the leaves don't look like a blackberry. Please help. It seems to be a bush of some type. Curiosity got the best of me and I did try one. Ooops.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blackberry? But the leaves are weird

It's a mulberry.

o

Most of these turn black when ripe, although some varieties ripen to other colors. If yours was very firm, it was unripe.

o

if there is one .. bird planted.. i suspect you will start finding hundreds of them .. good luck with that ...

not to mention birds dive bombing vehicles with purple diarrhea ... staining sidewalks.. siding.. and staining the carpeting.. when you walk in the house with some mash on your foot or shoe ... not to mention birds stoned out of their minds later in the season.. eating fermented fallen fruit ... yeah i have one.. lol..

not a great tree for a small suburban space ... but not bad for acreage ...

tsk tsk.. on eating first.. and IDing later ... but you already noted that ... just dont do that with the nightshade .. eh???

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here