Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this Plant/Tree

Posted by Tex_Ag 8 (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 10:51

Size is 10 - 11' tall and 6 - 7' wide - plant is 13 years old plus and resides in south central TX. Picture is a close-up of the branches. It bears small dark cones - similar to pine cones (not blue berry type found on other junipers) It looks like a Weeping Threadleaf Arborvitae (but again no "blue berry looking fruit") . Been wanting to procure one for years but cannot find out what it really is. I have other pictures of the total tree. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this Plant/Tree

This is another picture of the plant. Would like to know what it is and where it can be procured.

o

Coastal Sheoak?

Here is a link that might be useful: Casuarina equisetifolia

o

Thanks for the input saltcedar, but looked at the pictures of the Horse-tailed Oak, Coastal Sheoak on provided site and other sites and does not look like the same thing. I added a picture of what the whole tree looks like if you have not seen.

o

Thuja plicata 'Whipcord'?

Dacrydium cupressinum?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here