Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
claireplymouth

Foundling shrub - Euonymus seedling?

Sometime last year I noticed a small sprig of a plant with yellow-toned leaves growing in an area where hostas thrive. I'm in SE Mass. The leaves looked healthy and the plant wasn't in the way so I left it there to see if it survived the winter. There was snow cover in that spot and I forgot about the plant so I don't know if it's evergreen.

I noticed the plant again a few weeks ago and it seems happy and bigger although the foliage is greener than last year. It looks familiar, similar to the mature Euonymus japonicus Silver King in another part of the yard but there's no variegation in the seedling leaves. The Silver King euonymus has had a few berries the last few years so the birds could have made a deposit for me.

I'd like to move the foundling to a sunnier location and see if the yellow coloration returns to the leaves, but it would help to know what the plant is so I can choose a good spot. The Silver King is a joy in drab winter months and a yellowish euonymus shrub would be an addition to the yard.

{{gwi:216120}}

{{gwi:216121}}

{{gwi:216122}}

Thanks for any ID help,

Claire

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County