Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
human321

Plant Name?

human321
9 years ago

Hi All,

We have moved into a new house with many plant varieties coming up in Spring. We are hoping to identify the ones we do not know names for so we may give them the best care. This looks like it needs possible trellis?
Thank you for assisting!

Comments (7)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

i am totally baffled by the perspective of the shot....

but regardless.. it look like a honeysuckle vine to me

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• human321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hopefully better perspective to next plant. Pictures were showing upside down in cell phone landscape mode...

• human321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

shot of several, but taller slender leaf ones are a mystery. Hopefully not a weed

Sorry again about the dizzy looking 1st pic

9 years ago

we prefer one plant per post.. maybe two or three ... there is no limit to number of posts... and a scale would sure help as with the spiky one ... i cant tell how big the leaves are ...

you are not suggesting with the second pic.. that its the same plant as the first pic.. are you???

we will get there.. just keep plugging away

ken

• human321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Ken,

Thanks again for responding and the advice. I read the FAQ and it said to limit to about 5 in a post, but I will certainly break mine up in single posts - really grateful for the help as I do not know how else to catalog what we have.
    The 2nd picture is of another plant - the 1st uploaded upside down and you are right it is a dizzy looking picture. I am thinking that 1st and maybe 2nd picture need some kind of support to grow up on.

Finally, I have posted a picture of the long slender leaf plant from a closer perspective.
    Thanks in advance.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    9 years ago

1 is a Honeysuckle. 2 is a Clematis. The last could be several things, most of which are generally considered to be weeds. In my garden it would be an Epilobium but there are other plants that look very similar. As soon as you get a flower we stand a better chance on it.

For id purposes it is much easier for us if we see the plant more from the side. Birds eye views don't show stems, bark, buds, leaf or branch arrangement, all of which are useful, sometimes vital, for id purposes.

9 years ago

its not really about how many pix ... its about how we do the job... flipping up to the top.. down to type.. back and forth.. etc ...

you have some quality plants ... i hope we can enable you to love your new garden ,, once you get the IDs... you would then head off the the appropriate forum... such as perennials,shrubs, conifers.. etc ... for further guidance

but many forums are dead to some extent .. so e.g. perhaps there is a vine forum .... but its rather inactive.. so info on the clem/honeysuckle will most likely be had in the perennial forum ... you never know.. where you will find that nugget of knowledge you need ...

continue to be enabled and amazed at it all ...

ken

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living