Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bought today, lost tag, I forget what I bought!

Posted by sydsydsyd South New Jersey, US (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 16:14

Hi ...I bought this at a local herb and plant sale but the tag fell off and I don't know what it is. Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bought today, lost tag, I forget what I bought!

I can't tell scale well. Can you take a photo from farther back from the side? Also, do the leaves have a particular scent when you rub them gently between your fingers?

o

Did you buy any oregano?

o

Follow up picture 1 with mustard seedlings for scale.

o

Side shot. 7 inches teal with container.

o

7inches tall, sorry about that.
I don't think I bought oregano....

o

Could be marjoram. Marjoram and oregano look similar.

o

next time take pix as you choose them.. so if the tag falls out.. you have the pic...

ken

o

Looks like oregano (Origanum vulgare) to me. And if it was a local plant/herb sale, it is probably oregano not marjoram since the local plant sales are usually full of garden surplus and I do not believe marjoram would be hardy in your location.

FataMorgana

o

It does look like oregano to me as well. If it's marjoram or oregano, the leaves would have the appropriate scent when you rub them gently between your fingers.

o

Well, thank you all. I am going to go with oregano/wait until it matures/smell it again.....happy Mother's Day

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here