Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name of plant?

Posted by Abbrella PA (My Page) on
Sun, May 18, 14 at 16:51

I was given this plant by a woman who has them growing on the side of her porch. She couldn't remember what they were called, and I'd love to get more of them. The plant is a perennial, and grows like a vine. Does anyone know what this plant is called?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name of plant?

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, May 18, 14 at 17:00

see if it is Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald Gaiety'

Here is a link that might be useful: MO botanical garden on 'Emerald Gaiety'

o

and it looks like they are already infested with aphids ... all those black spots in the limbs and leaf stems ...

got rid of all my E.. years ago.. due to scale problems ...

free does not make this plant worthy .. IMHO ...

but you knock yourself out and make yourself happy ... regardless how i feel about them ... you can ask others opinions.. in the shrub forum ..

ken

o

Very easy from cuttings. The piece in the pot could make about 6. I have it on a wall - it is self clinging and has no pests in my climate. Although it makes a great snail refuge.

o

only flora would call a minor infestation of snails .. no problem ... yikes .. lol '

BTW .. if you like it.. and can make it bug free [if in fact it has bugs???] .. then dont mind my opinion ... worse that can happen is that 5 .. 10 years down the line.. you decide i was right ... and then go to town on it with a flamethrower ...

who cares what others think ... its your garden ...

ken

o

It's a snail refuge - they hide behind it on the wall but they do not harm it. It actually makes it easier to find the snails because I know where to look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here