Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me find the name of this plant

Posted by tomassuchanek (My Page) on
Sun, May 12, 13 at 16:57

I have this plant in my garden and it is dying. I would like to buy a new one but I have no idea what it's name is. Please help me find the name.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me find the name of this plant

Ceonothus

o

They are not massively long-lived. A few years usually.

o

Ceanothus can have a natural life cycle of 10-15 years, depending on the species and\or growing conditions. The article at the link below has some great information and tips re: care, pruning, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ceanothus

o

In ideal conditions yes, they can grow for that length of time. But 10 years is not that long imo. They are prone to frost damage and do not respond well if you try to cut into older growth to rejuvenate. As the OP says his is not healthy.

We don't know where the OP is situated but I took a wild guess from the other plants visible and the glimpses through the foliage that this plant is in Europe and possibly in the UK. They will grow quite well here but dwindle after some years just as the pictured plant has.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here