Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree with small very fragrant white flowers

Posted by geos 7 (My Page) on
Fri, May 23, 14 at 17:03

Please help me identify this tree. The flowers are in long clusters, unfortunately I don't have any photos of them. The photo is a tree at our previous home, it was third generation of a tree that was at my wife's childhood home. It was grown from a branch that fell off the second generation tree at her sister's house - it stuck in the ground and just started growing. We cut a branch off the original tree last fall (the house was vacant at the time) and put it in a bucket of soil. It is starting to produce leaves but we would like to find one that is a little further along. We've been to a few nurseries but haven't found anything even close. We are in the Tacoma, WA area. I was going to include more photos, but apparently you can only upload one. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree with small very fragrant white flowers

The photo isn't working. And without a picture, who knows?

Perhaps one of the locusts: honey locust or black locust.

o

Thanks for the response, lazygardens. Not sure why the picture didn't post, it was in the preview. I'll try again (I'm new to the site).

o

Looks like some type of Privet

o

Ligustrum, aka Privet.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here