Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help!!! Seedling identification needed.

Posted by thegardenat902 Zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 14 at 19:23

Hi there. Thanks for clicking.

I am unsure of these three seedlings I have growing in my garden. Any insight would be great! I've tried looking online & have hit a dead end...

Thank you for any help! Posting the other two seedling in my next posts.

Michaela

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help!!! Seedling identification needed.

Second one:

o

Last one:

o

First one looks like a wild buckweed seedling
second looks like smartweed seedling
third may be dames rocket seedling......

o

Hmmm... I didn't plant any of those....

So that means all the seedlings I thought I had growing from the seeds I did plant are not growing. :/

o

The weird thing is these are growing in big clumps just like the seeds were sowed.

o

Not that weird. You prepared a nice clear patch of cultivated soil. Weeds are opportunists and they move in fast. They are weeds for the very reason that they are good at finding a conducive place and growing fast.

The earth there looks rather cracked so I'm suspecting there is a bit of crust on it. That would deter your seeds from growing.

o

You hit it right on the nose with Dames Rocket. That's what it is. I remember those from last year - the previous owner planted those. I'm leaving some of those since they are actually kind of pretty but I removed everything else so I can plant things I like myself.

Thanks for the help!! I think this winter I will start seeds inside. Much less stressful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here