Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
id please

Posted by xiangirl 4 (My Page) on
Tue, May 13, 14 at 21:54

These are 4-6" big so far. The leaves look similar to carrot tops, but they are in a flower garden.
 photo 20140513noidcarroty2_zps4429c4ec.jpg

photo 20140513noidcarroty_zpsb6d08557.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: id please

• Posted by beegood Zone 3 Alberta (My Page) on
    Tue, May 13, 14 at 22:14

Look like California poppies to me.

o

I've tried to grow poppies for several years. Yes, I did plant poppy seeds. I think it worked this time! Thanks.

o

Maybe "Prairie coneflower"? Ratibida columnifera

Here is a link that might be useful: Ratibida columnifera

o

I have ratibida columnifera in another flower bed and they get 3 foot tall.. I wouldn't have planted those in this location, but the seedlings look similar. Thank you.

o

California poppy

o

Also a single Papaver poppy seedling leaf visible in the second picture.

o

Floral_uk...I thought that was a gaillardia leaf in the second picture. I'll be doing cartwheels if it's a papaver poppy.

o

Well, I don't know Gaillardias so you may well be right. But it certainly looks very like a poppy at the moment. Were your 'poppy' seeds a mixture of species?

o

California Poppy

o

Yes, a mix of poppies from a trader. Supposed to have Danish Flag, California, a few Giganteum and a few more other species I can't recall including a purple one. Supposed to be primarily short (12" to 18") annuals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here