Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pick number 2 of pink flowering shrub for id

Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 22:33

here is another pic of the bush/shrub. It doesnt appear to have any leaves yet . Tried to post this before and it wouldnt accept the picture. fingers crossed this time .

These are the only 2 pics I have of the bush/shrub . It is blooming right now . I have not seen the leaves so cant speak to what they look like unfortunately.

Signet

Image link: pick number 2 of pink flowering shrub for id (36 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pick number 2 of pink flowering shrub for id

Saltcedar(Tamarix sp.)?

Here is a link that might be useful: Tamarix ramosissima

o

dont think so but thanks for the guess . Flowering habit seems similar but this is not the same plant as the picture shown on your link.

Signet

o

Tamarix ramosissima might match. Hardy to zone two.

o

It is a Tamarisk - no doubt about it. There is no other shrub that looks remotely like it. Saltcedar should know ;) Just that his example shows a mature tree form rather than a youngster.

See also my reply on the other post with just the flowers.

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Wed, May 9, 12 at 13:23

Is Tamarisk an African plant ? Cuz my friend was told it was from Africa.

Thanks for the id's

Signet

o

There are several species which come from Eurasia and Africa but grow all over the place. It's introduced in America afaik. Drought and salt tolerant. Very common seaside plant in the UK.

o

That variety is Eurasian in origin, not African. And it is considered an invasive species in much of the west coast of the US.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here