Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nnmjdklil

"Name that godforsaken leafy thing", part 2

nnmjdklil
9 years ago

This one had purple flowers a few weeks ago-- I suppose it must be some sort of violet?

This thing is the WORST-- and it's sad bc it's quite pretty when the flowers are blooming. But the problem is, it truly is EVERYWHERE.

Throughout my entire yard, front/back/sides, you name it. Some areas it's just sporadic and others it's quite a bit thicker than the grass. It's taken over a part of a few of my garden beds too, all the way to the house.

We just bought this house a year ago, from an older couple who admittedly did "absolutely no gardening"-- and they'd been here for 6 years. I really didn't realize what kind of work was in my future, just getting things in some general sort of order, much less with nothing planted that I actually liked.

So does anyone know what this is specifically? And more importantly, what I can do about it?? I tried going over a few areas with one of those propane torches-- one of our neighbors swears by it-- but it all came right back, happy as could be. I'm not keen to use super harsh chemicals but if that's my only route, I am willing to work something out. Maybe in winter when the kids won't be out there?

Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022