Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A large shrub or tree, almost dead?

Posted by hokiegirl02 Winchester, va (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 8:05

We have this plant that has not come back to life this season. Holes in the leaves - does that mean beetles? Caterpillar? I don't know. There is some green foliage at thevery top but it is otherwise very brown. It is in a Sunny location. I would like to know what it is so i canfigure out if we can save it or if it needs to be cut down. It is beautiful when green.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A large shrub or tree, almost dead?

Close up of leaves.

o

I do not know what this is but it does not look almost dead >>.it looks dead.

o

"Really most sincerely dead." (Said of the Witch in Oz! LOL)

o

"... pining for the fjords? 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This (shrub) is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!!"

Taking liberal license from Monty Python's "Dead Parrot" skit. Time to get out the saw and shovel.

o

Can't not say it:

He's dead, Jim.

[Star Trek.]

o

Prunus laurocerasus.

o

Thank to everyone, especially thedecoguy who was actually helpful. ;). Now,more than ever, I am thinking the tree *is* actually dead....

o

what made you think that... lol

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here