Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf pine

Posted by Trick 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 9:58

i got these last fall at lowes but i cant remember the name...i remember they was labeled dwarf and they do get a blueish color

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf pine

its not a pine...

either a juniper or a cham lawson ... i cant tell the juvenile foliages apart ...

you might get a cultivar name in the conifer forum ...

ken

o

thanks ken, after your response i looked into them and it seems mine mostly resembles Chamaecyparis lawsoniana 'Ellwoodii'. i have emails sent in to lowes as i still had the item number but it didn't turn up on their website once i get confirmation i'll post back

o

Looks more like a Juniper to me. Are the needles kind of scratchy - make you itch if you rub your arm over them?

o

it's not prickly they are actually kind of soft to touch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here