Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bloom: Aloe or Haworthia?

Posted by purpleinopp 8b AL (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 10:24

The leaves went undecided, are these flowers obvious? They don't match any of the pics I am finding of either Aloe or Haw, but admit I didn't look too hard, value the opinions here more. TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bloom: Aloe or Haworthia?

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 13, 14 at 10:28

Looks more Haw than Aloe, but can we see the plant as well?

o

TY! Wishing even more that I could find the pic from last fall when the leaves weren't sunburned from being suddenly thrust outside. (I know, shouldn't do that, we moved in April, it was madness!)

Today:
Stalk at top (aged a couple weeks from first pic above, blooms are finished.)

o

Another angle, stalk at side.

o

Yes, Aloe. I think Aloe bellatula, one of the prettiest blooms (IMHO).

o

TY, Rosemarie! I agree, they are pretty.

o

I think I've got the same plant, that name sounds familiar too. Great houseplant - tough as nails, fills the pot with those long, twisty leaves, and flowers several times a year. I've had it for years and years.

WW

o

That sounds cool. Agreed, this IS a tough plant. Surprised I haven't 'seen' you in house plant forum, sounds like you have some interesting ones!

o

There's only so many hours in the day... This site eats up enough time as it is :)

WW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here