Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plant with green leaves and white leaves

Posted by hereiself Ms (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 16, 08 at 11:04

I acquired this plant from a small nursery several years ago. He told me it was Snow on the Mountain. However a search for Snow on the Mountain brings up an Euphorbia type plant and it doesn't resemble this one I have.

It will grow 2-3 feet in a pot, tolerates shade and sun. It is an open leggy type plant when grown in more shade. It's lower leaves are green with the top leaves predominantly white. The leaves are small, stems are green on the older portion and reddish on the upper parts where the leaves are more white.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Image link: plant with green leaves and white leaves (14 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plant with green leaves and white leaves

A better picture can be seen at the following link

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.flickr.com/photo/superelfin

o

Still can't see the pic.

o

First picture is too small. Second link does not work. Is it a woody plant?

o

look for images of Breynia disticha 'Minima'. The normal one is larger with red tones but the smaller white one is sometimes called 'Snow on the mountain'.

o

Yes, one of the images at Dave's Garden of Breynia disticha minima looks very much like the plant I have.

I apologize for the mistyping of the URL. I left the 's' off of photos.
I have corrected it below.

Thanks so much.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.flickr.com/photos/superelfin

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here