Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dandy_line

What kind of Thalictrum is this?

I have this Thalictrum I collected from wild seed. It is 5' tall. This is A view of the leaves.] and some flowers.

Comments (7)

• dandy_line (Z3b N Cent Mn)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A view of just the flowers. I think this is as open as they get.

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    9 years ago

My memory is that meadow rues are male or female, with slightly different looking flowers for the two, and yours looks like it may be female. I did a search on http://plants.usda.gov/java/stateSearch for MN and Thalictrum and found 5 kinds.
    Thalictrum dasycarpum
    Thalictrum dioicum
    Thalictrum revolutum
    Anemonella thalictroides (which it isn't since this one is tiny)
    Thalictrum venulosum

I'll let you research which of the 4 it might be since you have the plant in hand.

• dandy_line (Z3b N Cent Mn)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I come to this forum because smart people hang out here and can usually determine a name. Since my field of expertise is computer software, I am not expert enough to determine what this is. Usually, when people don't know the name, they keep quiet.

• garystpaul
    9 years ago

OR: they go to some effort to give you some solid leads, as nhbabs just did.

• jekeesl (south-central Arkansas)
    9 years ago

Usually when people get free, expert help, they express gratitude.

• TulsaRose
    9 years ago

Forum Heading:

This gallery forum allows users to upload images of plants that they are trying to identify so that others may be able to help them come up with a name.

You got four names from nhbabs. Now let Goggle be your friend. No need to make a negative comment about someone trying to help you.

• shadeyplace
    9 years ago

I think this is diocum but if I am wrong>>>>I am just trying to help!!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!