Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
agkistrodon

Can't remember the name

agkistrodon
9 years ago

This species is most likely weedy and it is growing in a bed of dogbane, goldenrod, mint and common milkweed...it is very late coming up this year!

Thank-you!

(Sorry for forgetting pic :)

This post was edited by adidas on Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 13:42

Comments (8)

• brit5467
    9 years ago

can't see a pic???

• agkistrodon
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry brit....can't seem to remember anything these days :)

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    9 years ago

I can see the picture OK. Do you remember what the flowers were like? I'm thinking Hypericum perforatum but am not convinced.

• agkistrodon
    Original Author
    9 years ago

No, I don't...well, I can't blame my memory this time...I'm just not around when it flowers! Weird thing is, there is usually a lot of it but the winter was particularly cold/icy this yr and there is very little of it showing now...not sure if that helps...maybe just not very cold hardy?

I don't think it's H. perforatum because I *think* it is more compact. I.E. what you see in pic but just taller.

• Iris GW
    9 years ago

I'm thinking one of the white fall Eupatoriums (thoroughwort).

• agkistrodon
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aren't most of them toothed though? Hard to tell in this pic but the leaves have smooth edges.

• agkistrodon
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Aren't most of them toothed though? Hard to tell in this pic but the leaves have smooth edges.

• Iris GW
    9 years ago

I don't know them all. It has opposite leaves and fewer plants have opposite than alternate so your universe for speculation is smaller at least.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES