Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nyphrodel

Peanut Plant?

nyphrodel
10 years ago

Hello everyone!

I have several little plants that I've recently found and decided to grow. Some have been little hitchhikers and others I just find out in my yard or others. I'll be good and only post a couple on here each day or so.

The first one I suspect may be a peanut plant. I feed the squirrels around my yard peanuts because it keeps them out of my plants believe it or not. But boy if I miss a day, they are pissed! Or if I give them a few too many, then they bury them. I feed them the regular shelled Planters Peanuts that humans eat. But there is a man in our neighborhood whom we all call "the peanut man" of course, because he rides by daily on his bicycle, barefoot, in shorts and no shirt, and throws unshelled raw peanuts to the squirrels. He is the sweetest thing! He's retired and tells me he worked VERY hard for many years to retire in "Paradise" as he calls Florida. (I call it Hell). Anyway, I suspect that this was one of his peanuts that was buried in my Elephant Ear planter by one of our little friends. I know this was a long story for this little plant but I had to share because The Peanut Man is a treasure.

So here it is; peanut plant or not? By the way, there is a second little guy in this pot as well. It's just a little succulent that I found, but in my opinion, it's too small and premature to identify at this point. Am I correct in that assumption?

Any help is appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read my novel,

Nyphrodel

Comment (1)