Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identification

Posted by Juhli BC, Canada (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 15:11

Can you tell me the name of the attached shrub.

Thank you.

Image link: Identification (28 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identification

Weigela?

Here is a link that might be useful: Weigela

o

Thank you Carrie.

Cheers,
Juhli

o

Can anyone identify the attached flower? It came in a package of wild seeds I bought.

Most appreciated

o

• Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 18:54

Maybe Ammi majus.

o

Thank you!

o

I was given this plant, no ID attached. Do any of you clever gardeners know what it is called???

o

Looks like Aegopodium podagraria 'Variegatum'

o

^^Ack! That one is goutweed! Horribly invasive plant.

o

the last i spent a decade trying to kill as bishops weed... invasive is an understatement ....

the second i call queen annes lace ... also a common weed... the indians i believe called it the white carrot ...

billions of seed per flower top ...

ken

o

I'm not sure what this plant is called. Could one of you clever gardeners identify it, please. Thanks.

juhli

o

Phlox paniculata.

o

Would one of you clever gardeners please identify this flower/plant for me.

Thanks

o

A Geum

o

I hope you absorbed the warning about the Aegopodium podagraria. If you have just planted it I would recommend you dig it up again asap and make sure you get every morsel of root out. Bag it and bin it. Don't try to compost it.

o

Yes, I did get rid of the goutweed. Thank you for warning me! It is very stubborn, but when it pops up, I pull and put in a bag to be taken to the recycle plant.

o

Recycle plant? As in, they're going to compost it? No! That has the potential to spread it far and wide. Throw it in the trash.

o

We have a new organic biofuel system in Surrey, BC which gets very hot, but, per your advise, I will put any little bits that creep through into the garbage from now on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here