Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Name that climber(s)

Posted by jennyzone5 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 16:05

I purchased a house with a small arch in the backyard that has at least 2 climbing plants. There is a small Clematis for sure, I saw a couple flowers, but otherwise nothing has flowered. What is this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Name that climber(s)

Climber pic, closeup of leaves.

What is this? Is it ever going to flower?

o

I can only see Clematis foliage.

o

it will flower.. when its ready to flower ...

there are fall flowering versions ... but i dont know if they can be IDd by the leaves...

i think there is a clem forum ...

ken

o

I don't think the majority of this is Clematis. In this picture you can see the Clematis on the right side, tiny vines. The bulk of the plant is coming from these larger "trunks".

o

Some type of Wisteria maybe? The tendrils sticking up along the top in the first shot looks like it... Honestly, the photos are really small for ID purposes (and the last one doesn't load at all).... Maybe try getting higher resolution shots.

o

Yes, if you don't prune the clematis they will develop thick "trunks" or woody stems :-)

o

better pix... perhaps in the evening.. when sun glare isnt as bad ...

leaf... group of leaves... and trunks might help

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: autumn flowering clem extremely fragrant.. and one heck of a bee magnet ...

o

Resolution on these pictures is 1152x2058 so I don't see how they could possibly be too small?

Here is the one that didn't load correctly in the last message.

o

Better of the leaves:

o

It is all Clematis foliage in the pictures.

o

Yep - the new pictures don't alter the id. It's all Clematis.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here