Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify a tomato plant!?!

Posted by HarrisonF 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 4, 14 at 16:50

I got this tomato plant from a friend and it seems to be at full height since it is already fruiting. The plant is about 4-6 inches high and probably 4 inches around. The tomatos are about around as a quarter...maybe even a nickel. The fruit has a very strong flavor. Any help with identifying this plant would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!! (I know it's not in the best shape, it was used by my friend to see how it reacts to constant flooding)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify a tomato plant!?!

Another picture

o

Another picture

o
RE: Help identify a tomato plant!?

And last but not least

o

Fruiting annuals that are highly stressed can prematurely set fruit at small size.

There are dwarf varieties of tomatoes.

Posting on the Tomato Forum might get specific answers.

o

The friend I got it from said that this is its mature height, hmm I just posted asking in the tomato section, hopefully someone knows!! Thanks!

o

check back here and let us know if you get an ID

ken

o

The comments in Tomato were... unknown variety of micro or dwarf tomato. A Sweet N Neat varietal was mentioned.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here