Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this plant? It's very pretty

Posted by trathsack MD (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 17:18

And small.l The whole thing is maybe the size of a saucer. I have a few of them and I like them. Any chance they are beneficial?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this plant? It's very pretty

Lepidium, there are dozens.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lepidium

o

We called them pepper weed or pepper grass. When we were kids we would pick the little flat seeds and chew them between our teeth, they taste peppery, spicy.

o

Following up on this, I have had ot pull out a few of these as they are growing in teh cracks of the bed/sidewalk.

I was thinking of using these for decoration and some peppery additions to dinner - but wanted to make sure before i did that these are indeed Lepidium - and maybe to find out if you know if it's virginicum? It's very squat and the rosette is large. these were growing in a crack so they are flattened and the tap root came out with some wiggling.

o

another view

o

sorry they keep turning....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here