Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buddleia-like volunteer?

Posted by bostedo 8a tx-bp-dfw (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 18:16

Originally thought this was another bird seeded American germander (Teucrium canadense), but has developed multiple flowering branches and is reaching a height that indicate it is something else. Photo is a bit confusing because it volunteered right in front of a salvia 'indigo spires'. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buddleia-like volunteer?

Teucrium canadense

o
RE: Buddleia-like volunteer?

Yes - that's what I originally thought it was until it branched and grew 2 to 3X as tall at this small patch of unbranched t canadense in our shaded yard. That's the only way I've ever seen it growing or in photos, though link does mention "much smaller side stems may appear above the leaf axils in the upper half of the plant." Didn't realize American germander could even endure full sun and show this kind of variation. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: American Germander

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here