Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
small round leaves, glossy, almost prostrate growth habit, woody

Posted by seagreen_turtle Z5 MI (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 19:16

Please help me ID this volunteer that popped up in my yard last summer and came back this year. The picture isn't the greatest but it grows so close to the ground that I couldn't get a decent side view. It's more attractive in person than the photo shows. It grows slowly and it's smaller than the picture makes it look.

Thanks.

little volunteer photo photo1-1.jpg
P.S. There are a lot of sticks/twigs in the picture that are unrelated to this plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: small round leaves, glossy, almost prostrate growth habit, wo

Cotoneaster

o

Oh yes! I'd forgotten that I'd seen one a long time ago. The one I saw had tiny leaves but they were shaped exactly the same way and glossy too.

I guess this is a lucky volunteer for me.

o

I have a hillside covered in rock spray cotoneaster and this looks quite similar.

o

Thanks Thedecoguy and calliope. I'm going to transplant it to a nicer location.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here