Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting too big.

Posted by akarstetter116 PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 24, 14 at 19:18

I'm trying to identify this plant so I can safely move it to a bigger area. The past couple years it just keeps spreading and has out grown the little space it's in. I really don't want to shock or kill it by my ignorance because it's so beautiful. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting too big.

Spiderwort

o

I agree Tradescantia (spiderwort.)

o

Thank you very much!

o

i am surprised you havent found seedlings all over the yard ..

ken

o

Not all of them are aggressive, ken.

o

Well, we've lived in our house for 3 years now and it was smaller when we moved in. The previous owners have this little stone path that leads to the side of the house, which is useless, but we've left it because the spiderwort was in there so cozy. But it has started to spread to big for such a small space and I've really grown to like it. I'm going to move it to another area that it can grow a lot more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here