Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What plant is this?

Posted by gospotgo Michigan (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 19:21

Hi there, I found this forum because I need help identifying a plant that is growing in my container garden. I originally transplanted these from a friend of mine thinking they were a different type of tomato plant than the others I was taking... well, the other 5 tomato plants are really taking off and these two are not only not growing like tomato plants, they don't smell like them either. I tried tasting the leaf and it was pretty much tasteless, but the plant is obviously still young. When I took these plants from my friend's garden, they were in the same area as the tomatoes, so I assume they need the same growing conditions. I would ask him what they might be, but he is in the hospital undergoing surgery to remove cancer and I really don't think I should be bothering him with this! If anybody knows what these plants are, so I can either toss them or properly care for them, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What plant is this?

Chrysanthemum???

WW

o

His wife says they don't have any chrysanthemums... haven't been able to find one online that quite looks like it, although close... anything else it could be?

o

maybe Artemisia vulgaris, a perennial wildflower or weed.

That one would have an aromatic scent when rubbed or crushed (at least older foliage) and spreads slowly by rhizomes.

So if in doubt, just watch a little longer

o

Well dang... waste of a pot! ;) Thanks for the responses, I will do just that and wait a little longer before evicting it for a vegetable plant!

o

Agree with Artemisia vulgaris.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here