Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Gift Plant

Posted by Squeeesh none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 29, 13 at 20:37

Hi, I got this plant as a gift, but I have no idea what is it! The leaves have some hair on them but it is sparse and not as soft as a normal fuzzy leaf. Bottom of leaf has no hair on it. The plant came from a reptile trade show, so i'm guessing it needs humidity and lots of water. Any help so I can care for this little guy would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Gift Plant

It's a Begonia.

o

outdoors it needs shade and water ... a tender annual in the great white north ....

indoors it need high light levels... which yours did not get .. its leggy ....

roots rather easily ... presuming its not one of the tuberous B ... which i doubt it is in that small pot ...

ken

o

Here in Philadelphia, outdoors, it needs part shade. Dense shade & it gets leggy & doesn't flower. Medium water & good drainage, otherwise, they rot at the base. Indoors, as Ken says, good light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here