Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Second mystery tree in Melbourne

Posted by richvinci none (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 22:48

Here's another tree I'm trying to identify in my Melbourne back yard. Any help would be much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Second mystery tree in Melbourne

Close up of leaves:

o

I don't know what this is but I'm going to bump it up so maybe someone else sees it

o

Thanks - starting to think it's a camellia.

o

It's certainly seems to be another camelia, this one slightly sicker with a lot of dead growth. Not really the season for pruning but you could get rid of the dead stuff.
Let's see if we can find out why this one is not thriving.
There's a lot off leaf litter on the ground - is it from the plant or something else?
There are two branch-like projections coming from over the fence - what are they?
The shot shows a lot of sun over the fence, can you describe the location where this is growing (to rule out too much exposure)?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here