Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Euphorbia spurge?

Posted by kaoldt 5b? (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 11, 11 at 22:51

I have no idea whether this is a wild flower or not, found it growing on the property we rent. They look like tiny pine trees, but obviously not, delicate pink flowers on top. From a web search I came up with Euphorbia spurge, but most discussions talk about buying the plant at a nursery and these are growing "wild" in a field under a tree. I appreciate any help you can give!

Tina

Image link: Is this Euphorbia spurge? (41 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Euphorbia spurge?

Perhaps Euphorbia cyparissias.

Here is a link that might be useful: Euphorbia cyparissias

o

That is exactly what it looks like! So does anyone know if this is considered a flower, wild flower or a noxious weed? There seems to be a lot of it around, especially in damp areas of the property. I think it's so pretty!

o

I have the variety 'Fens Ruby' in an out of the way spot in my garden, it's duking it out with some Ajuga. Although you will find these for sale BEWARE they are invasive little devils. 'Fens Ruby is planted in the edge of a gravel path, it has crept into a patch of Ajuga, the combination is quite pretty so it stays. So far I haven't had a problem keeping this one under control, I just rip out what I don't want.
On the other hand I bought another variety with reddish tips on the new growth. I can't remember the name has wols or wool or something similar sounding in the variety name. This one has been a real pain in the ... it's in my perennial bed and I have been trying to get rid of it for the last 3 years.

Annette

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here