Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help ID these plants

Posted by MilaSan 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 14 at 9:21

I found these plants and I haven't been able to figure out what they are. Thank you so much in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help ID these plants

boy those first two pic are NOT great... the left looks like heuchera... coral bells ..

the right ... SORTA like a rambling rose ... or a huge spirea ... lol ... well.. something with indeterminate pinkish sorta flowers... lol ..

i dont know the last two ... though smoke bush comes to mind, on the bottm right .. as well as the extended pea family ....

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: smoke bush leaves

o

Pretty sure upper right is a japanese spiraea. Lower left looks like dock. Lower right something pea family, it's hard to tell without seeing the whole plant (how tall is it, is it upright or trailing...?). And I concur with Ken, upper left is a heuchera.

o

Last one could be baptisia/false indigo. Picture doesn't show scale though, so can't tell for sure.

o

Bottom right could also be baptisia australis if it's a more upright plant?

o

Hi All,

I'll take more photos tomorrow and post. I was told by a lady in the neighborhood that the bottom right is called sorrel, but I haven't been able to id it as such.

Thanks all you wonderful people.

o

Bottom right is categorically not sorrel. Definitely something in the Legume (pea) family.

Top left Heuchera. Top right Spiraea japonica. Bottom left could be Burdock.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here