Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery Succulent

Posted by MikaHutton Colorado (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 12:12

Good Morning, All! I have this little mystery houseplant on my desk here at work, and as you can see, he's not doing too well. I'm trying to decide what kind of plant he is, so that maybe I can find some tips for perking him up. He's well watered, so now I'm thinking that I might have overwatered...

Thank you all so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery Succulent

Possibly Sedum rubrotinctum, and could easily get waterlogged. Stand the pot on several sheets of absorbent paper until any excess water has gone and leave to dry. The individual "leaves" can be stood in dry sand for a few weeks and they should grow into new plants.

o

They don't like a lot of water. You can poke each of those little 'leaves' into the soil and they will root. (Make a hole with a pencil and then poke his nose into the soil. Firm soil around his nose with the erasure end of the pencil.)

o

Thank you all so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here