Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So is this a baby donkey tail?

Posted by LilBit7765 6a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 14, 14 at 12:52

Hi I just wanted to see if u was right so I know how to care for it properly. Is it a baby donkey tail? (This is why I hate it when stores group EVERYTHING together with just a sticker that says assorted succulents) but I fel bad for them they had NO light :( the one I'm wondering about is in front. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So is this a baby donkey tail?

This was NOT an easy task, repotting this. I know most succulents are delicate but this gives it a WHOLE new meaning! Lol. Anyway here's another pic by itself to show it better. Thanks :)

o

This is a crawling Sedum of some sort. Sedum album is the best known, but unlike yours, it's green-leaved.

Blue-leaved cultivars of this type include Sedum 'Blue Carpet' (which may or may not be the same as Sedum hispanicum 'Blue Carpet'), Sedum dasyphyllum ‘Blue Surprise’ (aka Corsican Stonecrop, Blue Tears Sedum); there are probably many others. The experts on GW's Cacti & Succulents forum may be able to give you a definite ID. [If they say I'm wrong, go with what they say.]

Some of the donkey/burro succulents are Sedums, and at least one is a Sedevaria, but I don't believe yours will grow up to be any of the donkeys/burros.

o

Ok thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here