Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this particular species?

Posted by Zaqa 10b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 14:44

Hello -

I know that this is a chilli pepper, but what is the exact species? I hope that the photo is clear enough to ID efficiently. Thank you! And if a chilli, shall I merely utilize the common drying out procedures for culinary usage?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this particular species?

This is an ornamental chili - probably "Chilly Chili' - they are not intended to be edible and most are labeled as such. It is not that they are poisonous but most are extremely fiery hot and because they are grown for ornamental rather than edible purposes, are often treated with various systemics and other pesticides.

o
RE: What is this particular species?

• Posted by Zaqa 10b (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 16:37

Ah, that is what I was wondering. They are used in a very ornamental manner akin to the purple stout ornamental version that I have in seed. Thank you for the clarification.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here