Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
weed or not?

Posted by johnth none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 16:04

could do with knowing what these leaves belong to. It seems to spiral around other plants and flowers. Rather small patch at the moment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: weed or not?

How large are the leaves? I can't get a sense of scale

o
RE: weed or not?

Judging by the size of the Geranium next to it and the twining stems I'd say that was Calystegia sepium - Bindweed, possibly which has been given a dose of Round Up in the past. Dig carefully round it and you will find thick white roots. Follow every piece to the very end. Don't leave bits behind if they break off. Bin it, don't compost it. Unless you have dried it out completely for a couple of weeks first.
It's not only a weed. It's the weed of all weeds.

This post was edited by floral_uk on Thu, Jul 17, 14 at 16:59

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here