high altitudes > 3000 meters
freezing temp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wild little flower identification

See if one of the Agoseris species fit.

o

It seems to be in the scorzonera family , how can I get more details?

o

You never provided a location. Also curious how you placed your plant in the Scorzonera genus. If that part is accurate, there are only two Scorzonera species in the US. The first is S. hispanica, which is only found in northern California. The second is S. lacinata. That one does look something like your plant, and is found along a line from northwest Montana to the panhandle of Texas. It was also recently found in southern Oklahoma.

Here is a link that might be useful: False Salsify

o

Sorry i didn t mention the location
Lebanon mountains, middle east
It is not lacinita
Thank you

o

The Lebanon Flora site lists nine Scorzonera species. That list is available from the link below. Maybe you can narrow the list by searching online photos, or send them a photo and ask for input. I was unable to find a free dichotomous key for the area.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lebanon Flora

o

Yes , i have asked Lebsnon Flora And they have suggested Sc mackmeliana or sc cana alpina but i didnt find photos or files to confirm. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here