o
What Vegetable?

Posted by Zaqa 10b (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 18:47

Please ID, thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What Vegetable?

Looks very sweet potato-ish to me, some sort of Ipomoea.

-Ming

o

• Posted by Zaqa 10b (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 18, 14 at 20:17

That is what I was wondering. The tips are so elongated that I am unable to locate the species though.

o

There are many, many cultivars of ipomoea batatas, including ornamental varieties that have vastly different leaf shape and coloration. Incidentally, I. batatas leaves are edible and eaten everywhere except the northern hemisphere and Europe, it seems!

-Ming

o

That's a pretty name, MingTea. It sounds like glass wind chimes.

o

• Posted by Zaqa 10b (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 19, 14 at 12:30

Thank you. Yes, cultivars are somewhat baffling when identification is concerned. I will continue to seek out the cultivar, perhaps when the designer of this bed is near, I will be able to enquire.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here