Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilangel181

butterfly seed mix IDs (pic heavy)

lilangel181
9 years ago

Hello,
I was given a random mix of seeds when I donated to save the monarchs this past winter. Everything is finally starting to bloom and I was hoping yall could help ID some of them.

1. Not in bloom yet. About 18 inches tall with three points on most of the leaves. {{gwi:303483}}

2. Not in bloom yet. About 12-15 inches tall with a fuzzy stem and toothy leaves. {{gwi:303484}}

3. Two feet tall. This one has been open a few days already, and looks like another plant is going to bloom orange!.{{gwi:303485}}{{gwi:303486}}

4. This one smells funny. I can't really describe it well, but its strong- almost spicy.{{gwi:303487}}{{gwi:303488}}

5. Totally stumped! I realized in uploading that you can't really see the foliage here (its in the bottom left corner of photo 1 and the background of number 4), but its waxyish and so lobed that the leaf practically traces the veins. It's also about two feet tall.{{gwi:303489}}

6. (Last but not least) Is this some kind of pink bachelor button? Each petal is it's own flower and the leaves are silvery green. Plants are about 12-15 inches tall.{{gwi:303490}}

Thanks so much for everyone's time and help!!
~ Laura

Comments (4)

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz