Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's not Marijuana I promise...but I can't find anything like it

Posted by hodgese Texas (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 10:54

I'm sure this will turn out to be the most common weed or nuisance plant and so nothing is on the web.....
This, or these, leaves started growing out of a rescue orchid pot. It was a Valentine orchid arrangement with several cut flowers and plants. After they died the orchid was on the sale rack at Lowes's and I took pity. The the orchid came back just fine, and these leaves started growing out also. So far it is just single stems with a palmated leaf growing out of "something" below the surface; I just don't want to risk digging down to see what it is. The long central leaf splits early, and then as it grows it splits again and again. The next two leaflets down have only split once so far. I have only found one picture on the internet similar but it was not labled and I couldn't find the owner. Anybody have something similar?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's not Marijuana I promise...but I can't find anything like

• Posted by dbarron Z6/7 (Oklahoma) (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 10:57

Pteris fern

o

Pteris cretica 'Mayiii'

Rgds

o

Sorry, the cultivar's name is 'Mayii'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here