Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help to id this plant

Posted by cornaliad California (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 11:41

We planted this thinking it was one thing and I'm positive it isn't! Now I don't know what it is, can you help? We planted ten seeds that we were told were morning glory, but I can't find a picture of a morning glory that matches what we are growing so I need some help.
These seeds are vining really well, no actual flowers in sight though.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help to id this plant

• Posted by dbarron Z6/7 (Oklahoma) (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 11:42

It looks like a morning glory to me.

o

I'm glad you think so! I can't find pictures anywhere of morning glory with this leaf type, that's why I was asking. And idea when actual blooms might show up? How big it vines before flowering?

o

Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 12:00

Really ?

Here is a link that might be useful: Morning glory

o

More like one of the ivies to me. Tend to think of mg's as having more heart-shaped leaves, but I see there is an ivy leaved mg. If it blooms...

o

Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 12:12

Hee, every few days I'm pulling what looks s JUST like what you planted. In fact, yes, it is I hederacea.

I don't think I'll ever be rid of it.

It's lovely...but so very invasive...it twines over everything to the point that if left unremoved, it will cause tall plants to fall over and smoother anything.

Took this photo this morning (just of the bloom though)

o

Thank you for helping me out. Our leaves on this thing just appear so odd. They almost look shriveled and sad even though they get plenty of water. They are growing everywhere, but don't see any indication of it flowering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here