Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mystery plant from Texas

Posted by storytimemom none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 16:19

My Father has given me the task of figuring out what this plant is. He has just moved to Texas and retired. So that means he's really curious to all the new animals and plants that are around him.

I've searched through botanical listings in Texas on the internet, finding so many plants that look close, but not quite it.

It seems to bloom like a daylily. Blooming in the morning and closing up at night. New blooms each day.

Thank you for your anticipated help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mystery plant from Texas

Ruellia brittoniana/Mexican Petunia...very pretty

o

• Posted by dbarron Z6/7 (Oklahoma) (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 16:48

Yes, I love them..but beware how fast they spread ;)

o

Thank you !! He is going to be so thrilled !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here