Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dallas, TX wildflower or weed?

Posted by kryss 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 19:38

I saw this growing in front of an empty warehouse in industrial Dallas, Texas. I thought it was so pretty, and anything that blooms in the hot Texas sun in with no irrigation is pretty remarkable! It was allow growing, maybe 2-3" tall, with purple flowers. Multiple plants growing together, I didn't see runners, so I'm not sure how it spreads. Sandy soil. I didn't see the roots, I tried to dig one up with my car keys, but I gave up before doing too much harm. The next day they had all been mown down. Anyone know what they are, and if they would be an appropriate garden plant? They may be wild, or maybe escaped from past landscaping. I did see them last year in the same spot, but lost them then to construction.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dallas, TX wildflower or weed?

Ruellia humilis?

o
RE: Dallas, TX wildflower or weed?

• Posted by dbarron Z6/7 (Oklahoma) (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 23:15

What he said.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here