Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Purple Whatsis...

Posted by minflick (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 21:15

I was given three of these. Beautiful purple, somewhat trumpet shaped flowers. Deeply cut leaves, medium green, possibly somewhat furry leaves. The shrub forum sent me over here, with a guess that it's possibly a perennial geranium?

They look pretty ratty in their pot, but may get gorgeous in the ground, once I know what they need.

Here is a link that might be useful: Picasa album - purple whatsis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Purple Whatsis...

Alyogyne huegelii?

Here is a link that might be useful: Alyogyne huegelii 'Mood Indigo'

o

It looks like it is that. Flower looks the same, leaf looks the same. Big and scraggly... Thanks, that helps me narrow down where the heck to plant it.

o

i wasnt even close.. lol ...

i do note at the link above it says:

it is short lived in subtropical wet summer areas. USDA zones 9 - 10. [read the rest also]

so dont get to attached to it in your z7

ken

o

I'm not in zone 7 anymore. I fixed in my profile, but it's not showing up when I post. I'm in 9b/17 now. No idea why it doesn't show up properly when I post.....

So, they were free. I have 3. I'll plant them and see how they do, and enjoy them while they last.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here