Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More IDs... chilies, tree and tropical (?)

Posted by david883 5/6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 21:19

I was on a garden walk this past weekend (what a great time it was, too!) and I saw a few plants I had to know more about. The first are these amazing little multicolored chilies in a vegetable bed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More IDs... chilies, tree and tropical (?)

The second is this little tree. I know I've seen it a million times and knew the name at one point, I'm sure, but now I just can't think of what the hell its called!

o

And lastly, this tropical looking thing was so beautiful and interesting.

Sorry for the picture quality. I took them on my phone and was obviously in a bit of a hurry.

Thanks again everyone!

o

The second looks like a Japanese maple. There are a jillion similar varieties; to narrow it down, it would help to see a clear photo of the leaves; also to know the size of the leaves; also to know the tree's habit (the shape it naturally grows); also to know the leaf color in spring and fall.

The third is a crocosmia.

o

I thought it was a Japanese Maple! I saw it on a garden walk so I obviously wouldn't know the color changes. It was pretty low growing and weeping but other than that I don't know. I'll have to just dig around and see what I can find.

Thanks!

o

you might want to try the pepper forum for the chili ID ...

some place like conifer kingdom .. lists about a hundred JMs ... in all shapes, forms, colors and sizes ...

ken

o

First are ornamental garden peppers (got me on the scientific name). Second looks like my Red Laceleaf Japanese maple. Last, you have what appears to be red crocosimas. Right time for blooming and hummingbirds LOVE mine!

o

The last picture is a Crocosmia, 'Lucifer'.
Mike

o

There are a couple of multi-colored peppers that I'm aware of - 1 is Bolivian Rainbow...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here