Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last of my flowers

Posted by mytime 3/4 Alaska (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 10, 12 at 1:07

Well, we're due for a 3rd hard frost tonight...I was so hoping for a couple more weeks like the last 2 years, but not to be. So instead of doing what I should have been today, I rescued the best of the frost-nipped, wind-whipped, slug-slimed, and rain-wracked blossoms to attempt an arrangement. I actually thought it looked good, until I tried to take a picture of it. Too dark in the house for the colors to come out right, too bright outside. Oh well...use your imaginations! The dahlias are Vassio Meggos, Popular Guest, what was left of a Bahama Mama, and a Thomas Edison and Arabian Night that were just beginning to open.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last of my flowers

OOPS...I inadvertently posted here instead of the Dahlia forum...so sorry. I always wondered how people could post in the wrong forum by accident...I still wonder, but now I've joined the ranks!

o

Sorry that your season is already waning. It brings back memories of my year at Galena, where it snowed in every month but August.

o

Nice bouquet. It is always sad to see the growing season end. I'm hoping for another month before the frosts bring mine to a close but it's hard to predict. My summer was the second hottest on record - yeah, spring-day stuff for the folks from Texas! But because of the unusual weather, I'm kind of expecting early frosts. Another month would let all my fall crops finish up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for sharing!

FataMorgana

o

Great job my time. You have a good eye for color. Sad we will not see more of your work till next year. I take hundreds of pictures so I have things to look at all winter. Also when the wife is feeling down I send her a e bouquet.

o

Gorgeous bouquet...I really should get into the habit of photographing my flowers...we're into the cool nights/mornings and temperate days...makes me a little sad that the growing season is coming to an end.

o

I am often out 2 or 3 times a day with my camera, looking for beautiful shots of my prettiest flowers. Its a bit of an obsession with me! But what a fine obsession! I've been away for 10 days and can't wait to get home tomorrow!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here