Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
xfugio2

Please Name This Plant

xfugio2
10 years ago

Greetings, good people. I acquired this plant when my neighbors moved -- they gave me several potted plants that they were not taking with them. The plant in my photo was nearly dead, but has sprung to life in the three months that I've owned it. The plant fascinates me, but I haven't a clue as to what it is. I figure I must be doing the rights things for it, since it has grown rapidly. The edges of the "leaves" have little things that fall off easily, so I believe they're some sort of "seeds." You can see that some have fallen into my goldfish pond and are sprouting on top of some string algae. Thank you. :-)

Comments (3)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

The little things at the tips of the leaves are baby plants.
    Kalanchoe daigremontiana

• xfugio2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

purpleinopp, a big Thank You for your quick answer!

This post was edited by xfugio2 on Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 17:08

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Glad to try to help. Thanks for the nice note! For future reference, your current settings on Gardenweb prevent folks from being able to respond to private notes you send. They will know who sent it but it will be from "gardenweb_user@gardenweb.com" which is not an email address that reaches back to you. To go around that, you can type your email address in the body of the message if you would like for the person to be able to reply. Changing the settings would also allow folks to be able to send private notes to you, if you wish.

Smiles!