Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
daisy type plant, aster of some sort?

Posted by pixiesusan Cape Cod (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 20:09

I moved into a new home this year and have begged, borrowed, and bought tons of plants. I can't remember where I got this one but my landscaper kept telling me it was a week and to pull it out!

It just kept growing taller all summer but wasn't much to look at and didn't seem to have any buds or flowers. Until a couple of weeks ago. It's a good 5 feet tall (that's a 4 ft fence behind it). The stem is very stiff, I always have a good wind here and it's very sturdy, no blow over. The stems are light green and the leaves are narrow and not much to look at.

Again a few weeks ago it got buds and it is FILLED with daisy flowers. The flowers are about an inch and a quarter wide. 1 plant, a bazillion flowers!

Does anyone know what it is? Is it hardly on Cape Cod?

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: daisy type plant, aster of some sort?

Looks like feverfew.If it is you will have it all over the place,it's a great self seeder.I let it come up wherever it wants to then I just pull out what I don't want.
Kathi

o

It isn't feverfew. It's an Aster and will be hardy on Cape Cod. I'll leave it to the US experts to say which Aster. But we call them Michaelmas Daisies as a blanket term for the late summer flowering ones.

This post was edited by florauk on Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 7:21

o

Boltonia asteroides looks similar.

o

It would be good to see the leaves. It's a beaut, that's for sure.
It's certainly big enough to be Boltonia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here