Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are these desert plants

Posted by TheLadyV 6a (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 29, 13 at 21:41

From WInslow AZ plants...what are they and are they edible?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are these desert plants

Adding another photo

o
RE: What are these desert plants.

Adding another

o
RE: What are these desert plants?

Adding photo

o
RE: desert plants

Adding one

o
RE: these desert plants

Adding another photo of plants

o

4th picture looks like Solanum eleagnifolium

o

the is no limit on posts ...

i prefer.. for what that is worth ... that you only do two or 3 IDs per post ...

ken

o

The last plant may be a milkweed, Asclepias.

o

Thanks...Carol....OK Ken, I didn't know there was a limit

o

There is no limit, it's just easier to get all your plants identified if they're not all in the same post.

I think #2 is a rabbit brush.

I agree with Solanum eleagnifolium and Asclepias. I think it's Asclepias syriaca.

Maybe some close-ups on the other plants will help with identification.

o

TheLadyV, there's no actual limit, but the more different requests there are in a single post, the more unwieldy and confusing it gets ... and the less likely you'll get answers for all of them.

Trying to flip through the photos and answers and keep track of which ones have been responded to.... Not so difficult in this thread so far, because only two of the requests have been answered -- but even some single-thread requests will run to a dozen responses or more, as multiple possible IDs are discussed and disagreed with....

And if you do put more than two requests in a single thread, it helps to number the photos. (Well, provided it's clear which numbers go with which photos!)

o

Thank you all so much...I really need to know what these are and I have looked and looked :)

o

its not a limit thing.. its how to make it easy .. if i ID the first.. i look at it.. scroll down.. type.. scroll up.. and in this case you want us to do it 6 odd times... and as i said.. FOR ME.. because its all about me... lol ... i get lazy ... not that i can name any of them anyway ....

i never got down to your last one.. sure does look like milkweed ....

you may need to redo some of your pix.. a clear pic of leaves and stem.. and a flower if possible really helps these wizards ... take a look at some of the other posts.. as to how to frame good pix ....

that one pic... that you have in its own post.. is so fuzzy.. all they have to work with is approximate color and shape .... [second from last pic]

welcome to the forum.. work with us.. and they will get you answers.. they have NEVER failed... i think a couple of them are addicted.. as others are addicted to crossword puzzles and Sudoku ...

good luck

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here