Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help to ID Plant

Posted by Picknshovel2013 2000 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 21, 13 at 2:58

HI there,

Im a long time reader but a first time poster.

I Need to Identify These Plants as i have to replace them.

A Client of mine had them in perfect health but she rented her unit out and the tenants didn't water them and they died
Please Help

Thanks in advance

PickNShovel2013

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help to ID Plant

Aloe vaombe or similar ?

Regards

o

two thoughts..

first.. why not find something that could take a little more renter abuse .... though i cant imagine what would take more abuse than an aloe... lol ..

that said ... you might want to change out the potting media.... if it failed to hold the requisite moisture.. like it used to ...

congrats on braving it out.. and making your first post ... but next time.. mention you are down under ...

ken

o

I wouldn't plant anything in there if it's a rental unit. The chances of it ever getting watered are slim and there are no plants that can live with that sort of neglect.

I'd remove them....or empty them so that the renters can plant something should they choose to at their own expense.

o

The Cacti & Succulents forum might also have suggestions about the aloe variety:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/cacti/

o

It looks like a Hercules Aloe to me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here