Return to the Name That Plant Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pink Labiatae

Posted by linaria 7 Switzerland (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 5:50

Hi there,
I found this little thing in a communal planting under an alley tree (Tilia), foliage remarkably dark and shiny.
and flowering now which I found interesting.

Anyone a guess?

Thanks a lot, bye, Lin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pink Labiatae

and a close-up, hope still helpfull though it is not too clear, thanks

o

Can you get a close up? It's hard to see the features. Maybe a Satureja sp.? Satureja biflora??? In which case it is said to smell of lemon.

Here is a link that might be useful: S biflora

o

Oops - crossed posts.

o

germander? teucrium

o

Hi flora,
I think the Satureja does not fit, the foliage is so shiny with this one and it didnt smelll when I touched it.

TinyBird, I think that could fit,

I will check with some botany book, now that I have a point to start,

Thanks everyone,

Bye, Lin

o

A closeup of the foliage could help confirm Teucrium. If it is, the foliage should have a distinctive smell when crushed.

o

So,
I didn`t manage to see the plant itself again and snap better pics, but did a websearch for Teucrium chamaedrys. Should be it, the foliage and form of the flower fit quite well,
thanks again, bye, Lin

Here is a link that might be useful: foliage Teucrium chamaedrys

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Name That Plant Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here